Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day for Fur Baby Moms

I haven't posted in a long time but I have been busy with end of the school year stuff and the married life! Well anyways Andrew has been saying that he was going to get me something for Mother's Day because I'm Brody and Addy's mom. I though that was cute but I wasn't getting my hopes up because he also said he was going to get me a birthday present, which didn't happen (love you Andrew!). Well today is Sunday and I asked him what he got me... And he said he didn't get it. Lol which is ok because I don't need anything.  He said what he was planning was to put the dog's handprints in clay for a keepsake. How adorable! The fact that he even came up with the idea to do that is really sweet.  So after that I decided to get online and look up a recipe to do that. I found out that is was SUPER easy.  Here's the recipe I used:

Handprint (and in my case Pawprint) Clay Recipe
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup salt
3/4 cup water

Mix flour and salt together.  Add water slowly and mix together until it forms a good ball.  Knead the dough a little bit (but not too much that it turns tough).  It is sticky so I used more flour when it was on a surface.  Then shape it to how you want on a plate.  Gently press hand (or paws) into the clay.  I ended up cutting the edges around it with a pizza cutter to form a square shape rather than a circle.  I also added B & A above their paw prints and 2014 below them with a knife.  Bake in the oven at 200° for 2 hours.  Flip over and bake for 30 more minutes.  And there you have it!


It turned out so adorable!  And I'm going to call it a gift from Andrew because after all, it was his idea right??!


No comments:

Post a Comment