Monday, February 16, 2015

21 Day Fix & Shakeology

For those of you who don't know, my hubs and I are starting the 21 Day Fix+Shakeology today! I'm actually really excited about this program because it seems very manageable. I have never been one to go on diets or workout programs but I need to make a change. The containers are perfect and it's actually fun coming up with ways to utilize the containers. I don't think I'll ever get bored with it. This weekend we went shopping for our first week and spent $100.27. That is higher than I would have liked to spend but not bad at all. We did all of our shopping at hy-vee. Next time we will probably try out Aldis (anyone close to me will tell you that I'm a huge advocate for Aldi and they actually have a decent produce selection). I told Andrew it was nice because when we were checking out we looked like people who cared about eating healthy! That's another nice thing about this program is it gives you a lot of ideas on what to buy. Usually I have to come up with these things on my own but I just went down the lists of foods they gave us and wrote ones we would eat on the grocery list.

Last night I spent a good chunk of time prepping for today. I don't think I will ever spend a great deal of time normally but I was excited to get our meals ready and start "measuring" out our portions. I don't know about you but I am a huge fan of ranch dressing. I dip almost everything in ranch and I knew it wouldn't be a healthy (or approved) food. So I jumped on pinterest and found a recipe for protein packed ranch! It's so simple, too. Cottage cheese, ranch seasoning packet, and vinegar. It's not Texas Roadhouse Ranch but it is actually pretty good. Now I can dip my veggies and salad without feeling guilty.  During the prep I also measured everything out and portioned all our meals/snacks for the day.

 The last update I have is I made and drank my first shakeo today! It was actually delicious. I thought that it wouldn't be very good but I liked it. We bought the vanilla flavor and I added peanut butter and banana. It was really filling. I was thinking this morning that I should have the shake in the evening to convince myself I'm having a "treat". I think the evening is when I will be more likely to cheat and that my curb any desire. Anyways, I am going to do my first workout after I get off. I decided not to do them in the morning because 1. I never like getting up early and 2. I wanted to workout at a time where I can make it a routine/more likely to do it. The mornings just isn't a possibility for me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment